The following are up-to-date opportunities available for local businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and other interested parties. If you need further information on any of the below, please contact Economic Development for assistance by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Non-Profit Web Tool
Providing non-profit and charitable organizations in Alberta with one-stop access to supports and services to start, manage and grow their organization.
- Northern & Regional Economic Development (NRED) Program - Applications now open until Dec. 20
The NRED Program funds initiatives led by Alberta municipalities, Indigenous communities and non-profit organizations that promote regional economic development and diversification. See full details in Program Application Guidelines.
- Small Communities Opportunity Program (SCOP) – Applications now open until Jan. 10
SCOP provides grants for Indigenous and small communities in remote rural areas, and the non-profits they work with, to build capacity in agriculture, local economic development and small business supports. See more detail in the Application Guidelines or attend an information webinar at noon on Friday, Nov. 17. (pre-registration required)
- Destination Dialogues: Innovations in Rural Destination Development – 9:30 AM on Nov. 29
Hosted by Destination Canada, this FREE 90-minute online gathering will provide insights and inspiration into destination development.
- Agri-Food Innovation Expo – November 28-30 at Westerner Park in Red Deer
The goal of this expo is to provide the agri-food industry an opportunity to gather to celebrate food production, share information, learn and grow. Topics covered will include consumer trends, marketing, supply chain challenges and opportunities, food safety and sustainability, innovative food technology and production systems, as well as business solutions such as financing and attracting investment.
- Rural Mythbusters: Changing the Rural Lens – FREE webinar at noon on Dec. 6
Hosted by the Rural Development Network, this webinar will explore how economic benefits can be created by addressing social issues in communities.
- Canada Summer Jobs & Student Work Placement Program – Employer webinar at 10 AM on Nov. 29. Register HERE
Join the Workforce Consultant Team with the Government of Alberta for this free 1.5-hour webinar to discuss funding programs for businesses. Canada Summer Jobs offers wage subsidies for summer work experiences for young people aged 15 - 30, and the Student Work Placement Program provides funding for co-op placements, interns, and practicum positions.
- Leverage Statistics for Business Growth – 11 AM on Nov 22
Learn how to best use Statistics Canada data for small business planning in this FREE 60-minute webinar hosted by Business Link